About Our Church
- We hold the Holy Bible as
authoritative and sufficient for all matters of faith and practice (2
Tim. 3: 16-17: 2 Peter. 1:21; John. 10:35)
believe in one God existing in three persons: Father, Son, the Holy
Spirit, co-equal and eternal (Matthew. 3:16-17; 28:18-19; John. 1:1)
believe that man was created in image of God; that he sinned and
thereby incurred not only physical death but also that spiritual death
which is separation from God; that all human beings are born with a
sinful nature, and in case of those who reach moral responsibility,
become sinners in thought, word and deed (Genesis. 1:26-27; 3:1-13;
Eph. 2:1-10; Romans. 3:9-26; 5:12-14)
- We believe that Jesus Christ was begotten by the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary, and is true God and true Man.
believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins, according to
Scriptures, as a representative and substitution sacrifice, and that
all we believe in Him are justified on the grounds of His death, burial
and bodily resurrection (1Tim. 2:6; Rom. 3:25-26, 5:8; 1 Cor. 15:3-4)
believe in the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord; in His
ascension into the heavens and in His present life there for us as a
High Priest and Advocate (Luke. 24:36-43; Acts. 1:19; Heb. 4:14-16)
believe that all who by faith receive the Lord Jesus Christ are born
again of the Holy Spirit and thereby become the children of God. They
are immediately baptized, indwelt and sealed by the Holy Spirit and
thereby secured unto the day of redemption (Rom. 3:24; Eph. 2:8-9;
John. 1:12-13, 3: 5-16; 1 Cor. 12:13; Eph. 1:13-14)
- We believe that Christ instituted the Lord’s Supper and Baptism.
Our mission as a Tamil Church is to reach out to the Indian Community in Houston, Texas. We aspire to share the Gospel of Christ and win souls for our Lord, for "It is the will of our Lord that none should persish".
- Conduct regular Christian worship services with inspiring messages and be blessed together by the Word and Sacrament
- To witness and fellowship in our traditional manner
- To create opportunity to grow spiritually, culturally, socially to be a supportive community in time of need
- To uphold and spread the gospel of Jesus Christ
- Support missionary work in India
- To organize cottage prayer meetings for prayer and study of the scriptures
- To develop special programs focused on children and youth ministry to be concerned about the growth and development of the youth and children in Christian faith, and nurture discipleship
- To establish a growing fellowship of believers.
- To support visiting evangelists, and their works in India
- To foster a sense of appreciation for our values and dignity
All are welcome to come and worship with us.
Rev. Duraimony Dickson has been with the church since August 2000. Rev. Dickson is committed to teaching and preaching unadulterated truth from the Scriptures and to lead the Church in prayers and worship to strengthen the faith of our members.In addition, his vision also includes reaching the unreached Indians with the gospel of Christ and the growth of the church resulting in the expansion of His Kingdom.